If you like chocolate and mint, you can't help but love these delicious crispy cookies with their creamy icing. We always make them for the holidays ... and guests can never seem to eat just one!
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and water. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Transfer to a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. With mixer on high speed, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture, beating on low until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are set and tops are puffed and cracked (cookies will become crisp after cooling).
- Immediately top each cookie with a mint. Let stand for 1-2 minutes; spread over cookie. Remove to wire racks; let stand until chocolate is set and cookies are cooled. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Crisps in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p45
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review