Chocolate-Mint Creme Cookies Recipe
A minty filling sandwiched between rich chocolate cookies—what’s not to love? —Gaylene Anderson, Sandy, Utah
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Dash salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks; flatten slightly. Cool completely.
- 4. Combine filling ingredients; spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Mint Creme Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC