Chocolate Mint Creams Recipe
This recipe came from an old family friend and is always high on everyone's cookie request list. I make at least six batches for Noel nibbling and give some away as gifts.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- 1. Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add chocolate, egg and vanilla; mix well. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well. Divide dough in half; shape each into a 2-in. diameter roll. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Unwrap dough and cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are firm, 7-8 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Combine all frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread over cookies; let dry completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 cookie: 73 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Creams
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC