Chocolate Mint Cream Pie Recipe
- 2 cups crushed chocolate-covered mint cookies
- 3 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 to 10 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. Set aside 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs for garnish. In a small bowl, combine remaining crumbs with enough hot water to make crumbs spreadable. Spread over the graham cracker crust; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. If food coloring is desired, divide mixture in half and add coloring to one half. Alternately spoon mounds of plain and colored mixture into crust; swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 413 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Cream Pie
"This pie was okay. Easy to make, pleasing green color, but it honestly tasted exactly like toothpaste."
"My mom has made this for years. It is light and not overpowering. I'm not usually a fan of desserts like this, but I make sure to get a slice of this stuff!"