Chocolate Mint Cream Pie Recipe
This light, refreshing pie is an ideal way to give your holiday guests a treat without going to a lot of fuss. What's more, it cuts nicely, making it a cinch to serve.
- 2 cups crushed chocolate-covered mint cookies
- 3 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 to 10 drops green food coloring, optional
- Set aside 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs for garnish. In a small bowl, combine remaining crumbs with enough hot water to make crumbs spreadable. Spread over the graham cracker crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- If food coloring is desired, divide mixture in half and add coloring to one half. Alternately spoon mounds of plain and colored mixture into crust; swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Cream Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p42
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Cream Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2011
My mom has made this for years. It is light and not overpowering. I'm not usually a fan of desserts like this, but I make sure to get a slice of this stuff!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Cream Pie >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >