This light, refreshing pie is an ideal way to give your holiday guests a treat without going to a lot of fuss. What's more, it cuts nicely, making it a cinch to serve.
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- 2 cups crushed chocolate-covered mint cookies
- 3 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 to 10 drops green food coloring, optional
- Set aside 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs for garnish. In a small bowl, combine remaining crumbs with enough hot water to make crumbs spreadable. Spread over the graham cracker crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- If food coloring is desired, divide mixture in half and add coloring to one half. Alternately spoon mounds of plain and colored mixture into crust; swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Cream Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p42
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2011
"My mom has made this for years. It is light and not overpowering. I'm not usually a fan of desserts like this, but I make sure to get a slice of this stuff!"