Chocolate Mint Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup crushed mint creme Oreo cookies
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed mint creme Oreo cookies
- 15 mint Andes candies
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in crushed cookies.
- 2. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For topping, combine the dry pudding mixes, confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until thickened. Fold in whipped topping and crushed cookies.
- 4. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with topping. Repeat layers twice. Frost sides of cake with remaining topping.
- 5. Chop eight candies; sprinkle over center of cake. Cut remaining candies in half; garnish each serving with a half candy. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice equals 492 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 574 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.