- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup crushed mint creme Oreo cookies
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed mint creme Oreo cookies
- 15 mint Andes candies
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in crushed cookies.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For topping, combine the dry pudding mixes, confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until thickened. Fold in whipped topping and crushed cookies.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with topping. Repeat layers twice. Frost sides of cake with remaining topping.
- Chop eight candies; sprinkle over center of cake. Cut remaining candies in half; garnish each serving with a half candy. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Cream Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p57
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2010
"Loved it my friend made this for our friends birthday and it was like eating a pice of heaven!!"