This recipe is fun and I had a lot of fun 'dreaming' this one up. It's easy, but very impressive when serving.—Patty Thompson, Jefferson, Iowa
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup crushed mint creme Oreo cookies
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed mint creme Oreo cookies
- 15 mint Andes candies
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in crushed cookies.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For topping, combine the dry pudding mixes, confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until thickened. Fold in whipped topping and crushed cookies.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with topping. Repeat layers twice. Frost sides of cake with remaining topping.
- Chop eight candies; sprinkle over center of cake. Cut remaining candies in half; garnish each serving with a half candy. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Cream Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p57
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review