Chocolate Mint Cookies Recipe
Of all my cookie recipes, these are my family's favorites. When they're given a choice between them and store-bought mint cookies, these win hands down.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies, halved
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and water; cook over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 3. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks. Immediately place half of a mint candy on each cookie. Let stand until candy begins to melt; spread with a knife. Yield: about 9 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC