Chocolate Mint Cookies Recipe
Of all my cookie recipes, these are my family's favorites. When they're given a choice between them and store-bought mint cookies, these win hands down.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies, halved
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and water; cook over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks. Immediately place half of a mint candy on each cookie. Let stand until candy begins to melt; spread with a knife. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p73
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review