- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies, halvedChocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Give your sweet tooth the gift of chocolate from ALDI.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and water; cook over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks. Immediately place half of a mint candy on each cookie. Let stand until candy begins to melt; spread with a knife. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Cookies
Sort By :
"I had Andes chips that I wanted to use, so instead of melting them on the top I stirred them into the cookie dough. Hot out of the oven they were crispy on the outside and soft inside. As they cooled they got more crispy. I prefer a soft cookie and maybe melting the chocolate mint on the top would help with that a little, but not to make it as soft as I prefer.If you like a crispy cookie, this may be for you."