Chocolate-Mint Cookie Cups
When chocolate and mint get together with a hint of peppermint, mmm…magic happens. If you don't have mini muffin pans to make these cookies, use disposable foil baking cups.Pam Correll, Brockport, Pennsylvania
48 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- Green paste food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and extract. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking
- powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place in paper-lined miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire
- racks. Cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring