- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- Green paste food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place in paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until ganache reaches a piping consistency, about 20 minutes. Pipe over cookies.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white baking chips at 50% power 1 minute; stir until smooth. If desired, tint with green food coloring. Pipe over tops. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Mint Cookie Cups in Country Woman December/January 2013, p29
Reviews for Chocolate-Mint Cookie Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review