I never made candy before until I tried this recipe. Now I make it every holiday. —Kendra Pedersen, Battle Ground, Washington
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 1 cup milk. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Spread half into a waxed paper-lined 8-in. square pan; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir candy coating with remaining milk until coating is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread over bottom layer; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Warm remaining chocolate mixture if necessary; spread over mint layer. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Candy in Country Woman November/December 1999, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review