Chocolate Mint Candy
I never made candy before until I tried this recipe. Now I make it every holiday. —Kendra Pedersen, Battle Ground, Washington
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 1 cup milk. Remove
- from the heat; stir in vanilla. Spread half into a waxed paper-lined
- 8-in. square pan; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir candy
- coating with remaining milk until coating is melted and mixture is
- smooth. Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread over
- bottom layer; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Warm remaining chocolate mixture if necessary; spread over mint
- layer. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan; cut into
- 1-in. squares. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.