- 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, combine the shortening, water, vanilla and flavoring;
- gradually add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Mash patties; stir
- into filling.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the shortening, cocoa, water,
- extracts and flavoring until smooth; gradually add confectioners'
- sugar and mix well.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the
- filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and
- sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 729 calories, 42 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.