Chocolate Mincemeat Bars
What would the holidays be without mincemeat for dessert? Even people who say they don't care for the taste will love these moist chocolate bars.Darlene Berndt, South Bend, Indiana
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-3/4 cups mincemeat
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine
- flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix
- well. Beat in mincemeat. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire
- rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 142 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.