These spiced balls are a yummy twist on a traditional favorite. Sometimes I add mini chocolate chips to the dough and, after baking, dip the cooled cookies in melted almond bark. —Joanne Valkema, Freeport, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans or almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cornstarch, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining confectioners' sugar. Roll warm cookies in sugar mixture; cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p63
Reviews for Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2012
"Delicious, I will be making again soon."