- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract or almond extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Beat in vinegar and vanilla.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Fold into egg white mixture; fold in coconut and almonds.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Meringues in Country Woman March/April 2001, p31
Reviews for Chocolate Meringues
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2010
"These taste like a gooey brownie. Every Christmas I make these and they always devour in a day or two."