Chocolate Meringues Recipe
From the first time I baked these cookies, they've been a lip-smacking success. Old-fashioned and attractive, they make a perfect holiday pastry. I'm the grandmother of six and stay active with a German folk dance group.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Beat in vinegar and vanilla.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Fold into egg white mixture; fold in coconut and almonds.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 111 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Meringues
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC