Chocolate Meringue Bread Pudding Recipe
The sweet chocolate layer and pretty golden meringue set this bread pudding apart from the rest. We love its custard-like consistency. This is a great dessert for any occasion.
- 8 slices day-old white bread, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Place the bread cubes in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine the milk, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, butter and vanilla; pour over bread. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- 4. Spread evenly over hot filling, sealing meringue to sides of dish. Bake, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until meringue is golden. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Meringue Bread Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC