- 8 slices day-old white bread, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine the milk, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, butter and vanilla; pour over bread. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread evenly over hot filling, sealing meringue to sides of dish. Bake, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until meringue is golden. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Meringue Bread Pudding
Sort By :
Delicious! I made this for a St Pattys party and people raved about it!
Chocolate and Bread pudding...What could be better??
Made this tonight for my St. Paddy's day theme dinner and it went over well.
i would make this recipe again. my 6 tear old girl tried to eat as many chocolat chips as went on the bread pudding. i may try it with some cinnamon spice next time
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Pudding >
- Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pudding Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >