Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Recipe
Mom always made this special cake for my birthday meal. It's very moist and has a nice, light chocolate taste, and the flavorful frosting is the perfect topping. — Deborah Amrine, Grand Haven, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:9-12 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the water, mayonnaise and vanilla until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda; gradually beat into mayonnaise mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into greased 9-in. square or 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small saucepan. Cook and stir brown sugar in butter until bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in milk. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 416 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC