Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles Recipe
These luscious, satiny truffles are so versatile...omit the pistachos and tried all three variations listed below.—Diane Fuqua, Baltimore, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1-3/4 cups pistachios, chopped
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, the dark chocolate, cream and cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 2. In a microwave, melt remaining semisweet chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll in pistachios. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 truffle equals 103 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC