These luscious, satiny truffles are so versatile...omit the pistachos and tried all three variations listed below.—Diane Fuqua, Baltimore, Maryland
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1-3/4 cups pistachios, chopped
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, the dark chocolate, cream and cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt remaining semisweet chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll in pistachios. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p140
Reviews for Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review