Chocolate Marshmallow Sundaes
I’ve been making these sundaes since the 1950s and have yet to find a commercial ice cream treat that equals them in flavor and velvety texture.Lillian Julow, Gainesville, Florida
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 12 maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, beat the cream, milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla
- until soft peaks form. Transfer to a 9-in. square pan. Cover and
- freeze for at least 4 hours.
- In each of 12 dessert dishes, place 3 tablespoons frozen mixture and
- 1 tablespoon marshmallow creme; repeat layers. Top each with a scant
- tablespoon of whipped cream, 1 teaspoon almonds and cherry. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sundae equals 358 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.