Chocolate Marshmallow Pie
I've been making chocolate pies and cakes for 50 years—this pie is one I made when our children were small because it tasted special without costing much. Everyone liked it so much, we still make it today.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 pie crust (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Combine the first five ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Gradually add
- milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Add vanilla and marshmallow creme; stir just
- enough to distribute creme. Pour into pie crust; cool. Garnish with
- whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 315 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.