I make rich, fudgy cookies that taste like brownies with a marshmallow filling. I usually use heart-shaped cutters, but I've also left them uncut and filled with pink marshmallow creme.—Kelly Ward, Stratford, ON
Featured In: 20 Heart-Shaped Recipes
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cookies are set. Using a 1-1/4-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, score the center of half of the cookies. Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- Using the same heart-shaped cookie cutter, gently cut scored cookie tops and remove the center of each. Spread marshmallow creme over the bottom of the solid cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
- Freeze option: Freeze shaped balls of dough on baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake cookies as directed. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Marshmallow Cutouts in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p64
Reviews for Chocolate Marshmallow Cutouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2016
"Very easy to make. I tried it with a marshmallow fluff icing. I found its easier to spread in an icing."