Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies Recipe
What fun! These double-chocolaty delights from June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa have a surprise inside! Atop the chocolate cookie base, marshmallow peeks out under chocolate icing. "Kids love them!" June assures.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 to 18 large marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pecan halves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Meanwhile, cut marshmallows in half. Press a marshmallow half, cut side down, onto each cookie. Return to the oven for 2 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For icing, in a small saucepan, combine butter, cocoa and milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Cool slightly; transfer to a small bowl. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over the cooled cookies. Top each with a pecan half. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 246 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC