- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 to 18 large marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pecan halves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; beat into creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Meanwhile, cut marshmallows in half. Press a marshmallow half, cut side down, onto each cookie. Return to the oven for 2 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For icing, in a small saucepan, combine butter, cocoa and milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Cool slightly; transfer to a small bowl. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over the cooled cookies. Top each with a pecan half. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
"I have made these several time & everyone loves them. The only thing I do different is I do not push the Marshmallow into the cookie I just lay it on top. It flattens a little as it cools. I use my smallest cookie scoop & it make 4 doz. cookies that are gone in a flash. These cookies are to die for!!!"
"I used the icing recipe for rocky road brownies, it was amazing. I followed one suggestion & used chocolate milk in place of regular milk, delicious."
"Did anyone else think that these were too sticky? Or did I just do something wrong..."
"This is an awesome cookie. It's a hit wherever I take it. I remember my grandmother making these cookies when I was a little girl and was so excited to find the recipe. This is one you'll want to hang on to!"
"I made these for the cookie table at my nephew's wedding and they were a great hit!! I have already had a request to make them for the next family wedding , but I'm sure I'll make them again before then"
"I helped my five year old make these for the fair this year. We leave off the nuts. She was so proud, not only did she win first place, she won best of show! We love these cookies!"
"My husband picked these for his holiday cookie this year. I didn't much like baking them at first, being that is was a new cookie among a six hour bake session with a 2 year old. However the next day when I tried one it wasn't long before a double batch went into the oven. I have made a total of 5 batches this year and these are a guaranteed yearly cookie from now on. I used melted chocolate instead of the frosting, it was just easier."
"I've made these cookies many times and I always get rave reviews, so easy and so delicious. The frosting tastes like fudge!"
"These were my children's favorite birthday treat for school...and bake sales...just about anytime. Delicious!"