Chocolate Marshmallow Cake Recipe
When Mom wanted to treat us to something special, she made this awesome dessert. We could never resist the tender chocolate cake, the fluffy marshmallow layer or the fudge topping. It's very difficult to stop at one piece.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, applesauce and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Set aside 1/2 cup marshmallows for glaze. Sprinkle remaining marshmallows over cake. Return to the oven for 2 minutes or until marshmallows are softened.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil; boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and reserved marshmallows until melted. Quickly drizzle over the cake (glaze will harden as it cools). Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 259 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Marshmallow Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC