Chocolate Marshmallow Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, applesauce and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Set aside 1/2 cup marshmallows for glaze. Sprinkle remaining marshmallows over cake. Return to the oven for 2 minutes or until marshmallows are softened.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil; boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and reserved marshmallows until melted. Quickly drizzle over the cake (glaze will harden as it cools). Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 259 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Marshmallow Cake
"So good! Turned out well with dairy-free margarine and soy milk."
"Love this cake! It almost tastes like snowballs but without the pink coconut! Yum!"
"the best cake ever! kids can't stop eating..."
"This is a really nice recipe. It's easy to make and has always come out great for me. Makes a great snack and is a hit with people. Definitely worth making."