Chocolate Marshmallow Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, applesauce and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Set aside 1/2 cup marshmallows for glaze. Sprinkle remaining marshmallows over cake. Return to the oven for 2 minutes or until marshmallows are softened.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil; boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and reserved marshmallows until melted. Quickly drizzle over the cake (glaze will harden as it cools). Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Marshmallow Cake
Sort By :
So good! Turned out well with dairy-free margarine and soy milk.
Love this cake! It almost tastes like snowballs but without the pink coconut! Yum!
the best cake ever! kids can't stop eating...
This is a really nice recipe. It's easy to make and has always come out great for me. Makes a great snack and is a hit with people. Definitely worth making.