Chocolate Maple Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and maple flavoring. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 248 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Maple Cookies
"These cookies are very soft, but they didn't puff up like in the picture. They were very flat and they had a very weak maple taste. They did taste good, just kinda plain and not what I was expecting since they were called Chocolate Maple Cookie. If I decide to make them again, maybe I'll double up on the maple flavoring and make a few other adjustments to see what happens."
"I didn't find these very "mapley" tasting at all. I even added more before baking and still were very bland."
"My daughter says, "These cookies are awesome!" and our whole family agrees. We made them for a Christmas party and there were gone in an instant."