- 1-1/4 cups shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and maple flavoring. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Maple Cookies
Sort By :
"I didn't find these very "mapley" tasting at all. I even added more before baking and still were very bland."
"My daughter says, "These cookies are awesome!" and our whole family agrees. We made them for a Christmas party and there were gone in an instant."