Chocolate Malted Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate malted milk powder
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup malted milk balls, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar and malted milk powder until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return to pan. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- 2. Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in cream, malted milk balls and vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: 2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 366 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Malted Ice Cream
"This is great! The family loved it."
"Your going to love this! My family did!"