Chocolate Malted Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate malted milk powder
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup malted milk balls, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar and malted milk powder until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return to pan. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in cream, malted milk balls and vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews for Chocolate Malted Ice Cream
Sort By :
This is great! The family loved it.
As is the recipe is 4 stars. Add in another 1/2 cup of malted milk powder and it's a 5. It's a very light chocolate taste with 1 cup so I can't imagine there is much chocolate at all with 1/2 cup. Otherwise it's great. I left out the milk balls second time around.
Your going to love this! My family did!
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Ice Cream >
- Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >