Chocolate Malted Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla for 2 minutes. Add egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chunks and chips.
- Shape into 2-in. balls; place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Malted Cookies(39)
Sort By :
This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe....
I have used this recipe from time to time and these cookies are excellent! I HAVE made adjustments on the recipe-I used 1/2 brown sugar & 1/2 white & I used 1 tsp. salt. I also just used 1-1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips & I used Ovaltine malted milk powder! I also greased the baking sheets for easier removal of the cookies! The recipe made 3-1/2 dozencookies as I made smaller balls of dough! Thank you, Teri Rasey for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! This recipe is a keeper for me & in fact I prepared them today for our chapel picnic tomorrow! Dawn E. Lowenstein
awesome i used hot chocolate mix instead of malted milk powder and the tasted great.
I have fun making these since everyone always loves them. They don't last long!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >