Chocolate Malted Cookies
These cookies are the next best thing to a good old-fashioned malted milk. With malted milk powder, chocolate syrup, plus chocolate chips and chunks, these are the best cookies I've ever tasted…and with six kids, I've made a lot of cookies over the years! —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, brown sugar, malted milk
- powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla for 2 minutes. Add egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chunks
- and chips.
- Shape into 2-in. balls; place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2
- minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 361 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium,