Chocolate Malted Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Place the bread cubes in two 8-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with malted milk balls, chocolate chips and almonds. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- 2. In a blender, combine the milk, cream cheese, egg and malted milk powder; cover and process until smooth. Pour over bread cube mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Dollop with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 439 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Malted Bread Pudding
"A great way to make an easy dessert for two and make use of small amts of baking items!!"