Chocolate Malted Bread Pudding
“Some leftover bread, an open can of chocolate syrup and a package of malted milk balls inspired this yummy recipe. Adding almonds gave the pudding a pleasing crunch,” writes Roxanne Chan from Albany, California.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place the bread cubes in two 8-oz. ramekins coated with cooking
- spray; sprinkle with malted milk balls, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- In a blender, combine the milk, cream cheese, egg and malted milk
- powder; cover and process until smooth. Pour over bread cube
- mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Dollop with whipped cream if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 439 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium,