Chocolate Malt Shoppe Pie Recipe
I especially like serving this dessert at a cookout or at any event where there are children—it's always a big hit! —Beth Wanek, Little Chute, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup crushed malted milk balls
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons chocolate malted milk powder
- 3 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional heavy whipping cream, whipped, optional
- Additional malted milk balls, optional
- 1. Combine wafer crumbs and butter; press into an ungreased 9-in. pie pan. Freeze until set. Combine the ice cream, crushed malted milk balls and 1 tablespoon milk; spoon into crust. Freeze for 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the malted milk powder, marshmallow creme and remaining milk. Add cream; whip until soft peaks form. Spread over ice cream layer. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, garnish each serving with additional whipped cream and malted milk balls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 410 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Malt Shoppe Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC