I especially like serving this dessert at a cookout or at any event where there are children—it's always a big hit! —Beth Wanek, Little Chute, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup crushed malted milk balls
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons chocolate malted milk powder
- 3 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional heavy whipping cream, whipped, optional
- Additional malted milk balls, optional
- Combine wafer crumbs and butter; press into an ungreased 9-in. pie pan. Freeze until set. Combine the ice cream, crushed malted milk balls and 1 tablespoon milk; spoon into crust. Freeze for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the malted milk powder, marshmallow creme and remaining milk. Add cream; whip until soft peaks form. Spread over ice cream layer. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish each serving with additional whipped cream and malted milk balls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Malt Shoppe Pie in Country Woman November/December 1991, p29
Reviews for Chocolate Malt Shoppe Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2014
"What is marshmallows creme and chocolate malted milk powder. And v where do u get it?"
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2011
"This pie is absolutley amazing!!! Straight to my recipe box!!!"
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2009
"is there any Makeover for this receipe???? since i am the diabetes.... thanks"