“I came up with this recipe after my mom gave me a container of malted milk powder. It's so rich you'd never believe it's light.” —Lisa Keys, Middlebury, CT
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 6 malted milk balls, chopped
- 6 maraschino cherries
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- Transfer to six dessert dishes, about 1/3 cup in each. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped topping, 1/2 teaspoon chopped malted milk balls and a cherry. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Malt Desserts in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p57
Reviews for Chocolate Malt Desserts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review