Chocolate Malt Crispy Bars Recipe
This chunky, chewy square is a feast for your eyes. Malted milk flavor coats this bar from top to bottom. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 4 cups malted milk balls, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup malted milk powder, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Chop 1 cup malted milk balls; set aside. In a Dutch oven, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, 3/4 cup malt powder and chopped candy. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining malt powder. Spread over cereal bars. Sprinkle with remaining malted milk balls; press into chocolate. Let stand until set. Using a serrated knife, cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 square equals 256 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC