- 4 cups malted milk balls, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup malted milk powder, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Chop 1 cup malted milk balls; set aside. In a Dutch oven, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, 3/4 cup malt powder and chopped candy. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining malt powder. Spread over cereal bars. Sprinkle with remaining malted milk balls; press into chocolate. Let stand until set. Using a serrated knife, cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Malt Crispy Bars
Sort By :
"I also had trouble with the maltballs staying on when I make them again I will either eliminate them on top or crush them and put them on top in chocolate.... most likely will just leave them off the top I don't think they were needed for flavor anyway.. They tasted awesome even without the balls on top and besides that with the balls it is alot to try to bite.....BE SURE TO STORE THEM IN A COVERED CONTAINER OR THEY WILL TURN ROCK HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"I love this recipe. The only problem I had was keeping the malt balls on! When I went to cut it they went flying all over the place and I did push them down into the chocolate. I was going to take these to a party but it looked so bad I didn't. Next time I'm going to melt the malt balls into the chocolate or stir them into the cereal. Anyone else have this problem?"
"I used bittersweet chocolate (in place of the semisweet) and thought the overall sweetness of the bars was just right."
"These are very good, but they are VERY sweet. Make sure you have a glass of milk on hand!"
"Maybe things are different in grocery stores up there, but malted milk powder can be found in virtually every grocery store down here in the states..."