Chocolate Malt Ball Cookies Recipe
I like malt ball candies, so I decided to create a cookie with mass appeal. The result: chewy cookies with fantastic flavor that you can amp up or tone down by varying the amount of malt powder. —Lynne Weddell, Vacaville, California
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the oats, flours, milk powder, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in malted milk balls.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie: 158 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Malt Ball Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC