Chocolate Malt Ball Cookies
I like malt ball candies...so I decided to create a cookie that others would like too. These chewy cookies have fantastic flavor, but you can vary the malt powder to make the it stronger or milder in taste.—Lynne Weddell, Vacaville, California
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg. Combine the oats, flours, milk powder, baking powder
- and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in
- malted milk balls.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until set and edges
- begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 158 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium,