Chocolate Mallow Drops Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 18 to 22 large marshmallows, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 6 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6 minutes. Press a marshmallow half onto each cookie, cut side down. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until edges of cookies are set and marshmallows are softened. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For icing, in a microwave, melt butter and chocolates; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough coffee to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 cookie: 147 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Mallow Drops
"These are so good and really easy! I did find that with my oven I had to bake them about 2 minutes more to make them firm enough to handle once they cooled. I HIGHLY recommend baking them on parchment paper or a liner so that the cookies don't fall apart while removing them from the pan or while on the cooling rack. I am making these for gifts, and have already been asked to bring them to every Christmas party for the rest of the year."
"Oh wow, how yummy!!"