Chocolate Mallow Drops Recipe
"I tell people these cookies are 'so good' and they are quick to agree after a taste," says field editor Marie Hattrup of Sparks, Nevada. Her fudgy treats feature a marshmallow layer topped with a squiggle of chocolate frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 18 to 22 large marshmallows, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 6 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6 minutes. Press a marshmallow half onto each cookie, cut side down. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until edges of cookies are set and marshmallows are softened. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For icing, in a microwave, melt butter and chocolates; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough coffee to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 147 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC