- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 18 to 22 large marshmallows, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 6 tablespoons brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6 minutes. Press a marshmallow half onto each cookie, cut side down. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until edges of cookies are set and marshmallows are softened. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a microwave, melt butter and chocolates; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough coffee to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Mallow Drops
"These are so good and really easy! I did find that with my oven I had to bake them about 2 minutes more to make them firm enough to handle once they cooled. I HIGHLY recommend baking them on parchment paper or a liner so that the cookies don't fall apart while removing them from the pan or while on the cooling rack. I am making these for gifts, and have already been asked to bring them to every Christmas party for the rest of the year."
"Oh wow, how yummy!!"