Chocolate Mallow Drops Recipe
"I tell people these cookies are 'so good' and they are quick to agree after a taste," says field editor Marie Hattrup of Sparks, Nevada. Her fudgy treats feature a marshmallow layer topped with a squiggle of chocolate frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 18 to 22 large marshmallows, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 6 tablespoons brewed coffee
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6 minutes. Press a marshmallow half, cut side down, onto each cookie. Bake 2 minutes longer or until marshmallow is softened. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough coffee to achieve spreading consistency. Transfer frosting to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in one corner of bag. Pipe over cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Mallow Drops in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p50
Reviews for Chocolate Mallow Drops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >