Cocoa, marshmallows and ready-made frosting transform the basic dough into these delightful treats. "I like to top each with a pecan half," Gloria adds.
- 2 cups Basic Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 20 large marshmallows, halved
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a bowl, combine the cookie dough, sugar, cocoa, egg and milk; mix well. Stir in pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Press a marshmallow half onto the top of each cookie. Bake 2 minutes longer or until marshmallow is puffed. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a medium star tip. Fill bag with frosting. Pipe a star onto each cookie. Yield: 40 cookies.
Originally published as Chocolate Mallow Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p53
Reviews for Chocolate Mallow Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review