- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut or almond extract
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the egg whites, egg, applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to egg white mixture alternately with buttermilk. Spoon half of the batter into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- In another bowl, beat the ricotta cheese, sugar and egg white until smooth. Stir in coconut and extract. Spoon 1 tablespoonful in the center of each muffin cup.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Macaroon Cupcakes
Sort By :
loved this!! Easy to make & yummy!!
Moist and delicious. A great combo of flavors that tastes great warm or cold.
Wonderfully simple and rewarding to make them from scratch! Thanks for a tasty dessert.
The filling is not as creamy as one would expect. These are good though
I love these cupcakes. The ricotta filling is smooth and creamy and has just the right amount of coconut and ricotta cheese in them to make them a huge success.
These cupcakes were a hit with my family. My sisters & I baked cupcakes to test for my nieces wedding This was a winner