Chocolate Macaroon Critters Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup egg whites (about 6)
- M&M's miniature baking bits
- Red decorating frosting
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the coconut, sugar and egg whites until combined. Beat in melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Drop by tablespoons 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until tops feel dry. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Using baking bits and frosting, create faces on cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without baking bits and icing) equals 89 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chocolate Macaroon Critters
"I make them at Christmas too with out the faces. They make a nice cookie for Christmas."