Chocolate Macaroon Critters Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup egg whites (about 6)
- M&M's miniature baking bits
- Red decorating frosting
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the coconut, sugar and egg whites until combined. Beat in melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Drop by tablespoons 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until tops feel dry. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Using baking bits and frosting, create faces on cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 89 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Chocolate Macaroon Critters
"I make them at Christmas too with out the faces. They make a nice cookie for Christmas."