Chocolate Macaroon Critters Recipe
These sweet and yummy treats are easy for kids to help make. They will especially enjoy using the M&M’s to make the faces into a wide variety of expressions—silly, happy and yes, even scary!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup egg whites (about 6)
- M&M's® Brand Mini Chocolate Candies
- Red decorating frosting
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the coconut, sugar and egg whites until combined. Beat in melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until tops feel dry. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Using baking bits and frosting, create faces on cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Macaroon Critters in Halloween Party Favorites 2008, p18
Reviews for Chocolate Macaroon Critters(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2010
I make them at Christmas too with out the faces. They make a nice cookie for Christmas.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Carb Desserts >