- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup egg whites (about 6)
- M&M's miniature baking bits
- Red decorating frosting
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the coconut, sugar and egg whites until combined. Beat in melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until tops feel dry. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Using baking bits and frosting, create faces on cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Macaroon Critters in Halloween Party Favorites 2008, p18
Reviews for Chocolate Macaroon Critters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review